A big whole journey is in front of us each time , everyday . We get up for a purpose and go back to sleep with a hope. A hope that we’ll get up again just like we hope that the flower kali will bloom the very next day. Sometimes these blooming hopes bursts and just to be on the safe side, just to know that we are on the right track; religiously, we should keep working on it. A struggle that has to be “Continuous” and “Stead fast “, struggle of that sort surely helps us grow spiritually. Right , isn’t it?
Don’t know about other people but it sure gives me the potency of more patience and resilience to stay hopeful , that may be just maybe My and everybody else’s Lord will forgive me at the end of my journey, maybe i’ll be among the winners though the miniature of efforts i put in & i am hopeful for the mercy. In sha Allah.
There’s this beautiful dua for the sake of this hope ;
رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْراً وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى القَوْمِ الكَافِرِينَ
Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk
So, how do we attain the continuity, the stead fastness, it sure isn’t easy. We all try it at times and give up more easily because; well what i think is, that we lack the ability to make a decision and stick to it.
Try some way because we have to start at some point, it’s necessary.
My teacher sometimes says that what do you think you’ll attain Jannah with so low a price? That you don’t have to work your way through this world to actually achieve it? What do you think that without being patient , without being grateful , without even thinking of trying you’ll have the greatest of home in the unthinkable of a place? How can you even think that? No matter Allah’s rehmat is far bigger than our imagination but if we are relying on it then shouldn’t we be thinking that One who loves me more than 70 mothers or more would want anything but my happiness and that’s why He had decreed upon me the greatest of religion by the Most humble human being in the whole universe i-e Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam. I sure have to put some effort for Him to be happy from me, for Him to accept my duas. I’m the one who needs Him.
For Jannah to be your destination put forth a little and continue doing it. Of course, nobody becomes a saint overnight, it requires humongous efforts. What we can do is how ever start off with little refrainments and add a little may them be small; good deeds in your everyday routines. Here goes a little list for you as a Muslim to start off :
- Analyze yourself : When you think about scrutinizing yourself deeply you’ll come across many mistakes. Don’t put yourself doing the impossible because that’s not what is required from you. A habit gone bad has to has some working on it before you let it go & Of course pray to Allah subhana wa ta’ala for the riddance . If you can’t let it go then start telling it off to other people(very close to you of course) because that’s what sahaba did when they couldn’t let go of certain wrong habits. The people will criticize you and you’ll learn or stop doing it but make it your last option as you don’t want to go preaching people when you are doing nothing in person or in private.
- Stop listening to music : Stop it seriously, because whether you want or not it effects your mental stability far worse than anything else. I know it isn’t easy to let go of this habit as well as i myself has been a victim. You’ll know when you give up on this filthy habit that why am i calling myself a victim. Ding ! Stop and reflect back , this can be your most common habit and highly infectious to your brain. I’m not saying stop doing it at once. Make half of your playlist as the beautiful nasheeds. Don’t just make it a part of your playlist but listen to them once or twice travelling or when you in bus or while walking. Here are some suggestions ;
- Allah is enough for me by zain bhika
- Allah knows by zain bhika
- Give thanks to Allah by zain bhika
- Heart of a muslim by zain bhika
- O mountains of Makkah
- You are never alone
- Forgive me when i whine
Make sure they’r all without music while downloading. You’ll love them more than anything on your playlist right now. Keep searching and add more Islamic listens in your playlist while deleting the songs that has no point listening to them . Realize by doing it in sha Allah.
- Take five minutes to recite the morning and evening supplications. Trust me it doesn’t take more than five minutes and it has the benefits that has never crossed your imagination either. You’ll feel so good and protected. No fear. Feel the freedom ^_^
- Read Quran even if it’s half a page. Make a habit of recitation everyday.
Note: If you ponder all of this doesn’t take a lot from you but it makes your life better and more serene. Just try !
I hope we all try and keep on trying for making our path to our destination that is Jannah In sha Allah and May Allah help us in leaving the thorny path abandoned and help us being steadfast and continuous for as long as we live . Ameen. (^_^)
Remember Quran and Sunnah are the only way to Jannah !
Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh !