Zilhajj is the month of great sacrifice by Prophet Ibrahim (a.s) and Prophet Ismail(a.s) . We are all aware of the great story and how truly hard yet so easy was it for both the father and son. How amazingly did they pass the test, and how devil got defeated that day ! Highlighting the importance of this month , we have a number of ahadith , some i will share along with some points to just let you know that we need to make a number of small sacrifices to just be among the good or for our way to good.
- “There is no day on which Allah ransoms more of His slaves from the Fire than the day of ‘Arafah. He draws close then He boasts about them before the angels and says, ‘What do these people want?'”
(Narrated by Muslim 1348)
- The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was asked about fasting on the Day of Arafa. He said, “It expiates the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” [Sahih Muslim]
Note: The day of arafa is the hajj day 9th of Zilhajj. 🙂
Things to do for the first 10 days of zilhajj :
- FIrstly, just leave the sins out for a while and try to connect with your God no matter how ever you want. It’s your connection with him that’ll lead you to do the biggest of sacrifice and leave everything that cause harm to you and your soul alone. So, Make A Connection and call to him in humble of ways that are through prayers, dhikr, duas, leave a bad habit and be happy about it, do a good that no one knows or sees except you and your God! 🙂
- Secondly say lots of takbeerahs:
- Thirdly and lastly , don’t just think it’s hard time that we should realize that we should start doing; do anything and everything to please Him alone, Think about Him before going to sleep and after waking up, think about Him when some good happens and pay Him a sajda of gratitude , think about Him when something bad happens and constantly remind yourselves that it has happened for the best because “It’s all coming from Him and I trust Him” .
Jazak Allah hu khair,
Asslam u alailkum wr wb!