Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu, Topic on which i am going to write on is quite not anything that i had written before. I chose to write because even i want to find out which is my favorite story of Quran and in how many possible ways does it inspire me. Been thinking the whole day about it and couldn’t decide between them as there are so many that does inspire me. For instance story of Ibrahim Alaihi salam gives inspiration in sacrificing one’s heartiest desires in the ways that is almost unthinkable for us because we find our selves very vulnerable. Also , the story of ashab-e-kahf who were a humongous inspiration for youth as how they had prayed to abstain from “fitna” of the era they inhabited. The dua is so beautiful that it truly demonstrates the love of a believer towards Islam, and the richness and purity of it; and they were the men only in their teen ages, seeked refuge of guidance by this dua together:
10. (Remember) when the young men fled for refuge (from their disbelieving folk) to the Cave, they said: “Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way!”
In the same way the story of Yousuf alaihi salam and Adam alihi salam and Nooh ailhi salam and many others are best way to provide the ummah with the best of the moral lectures, spiritually and practically of course. The story that i chose, is about one of the FOUR prophets to whom the holy book had been descended. The name of the Prophet is Musa Alaihi salam. Quran calls the story a “Qissa”.
Has there reached you the story of Moses? – When his Lord called to him in the sacred valley of Tuwa, “go to Fir’awn (Pharaoh). Indeed, he has transgressed. [Surah An-Nazi’at, verses 15-17]
Moses alaihi salam was born in the kingdom of Fir’awn (Pharaoh) . In his kingdom the prophecy was made that one boy would come and take place of Fir’awn (Pharaoh). Pharaoh got scared of the prophecy so much that he announced in the whole country that any boy born should be put to death immediately. Now, the inspiration of the story starts:
- The mother gets the orders from Allah to let her baby boy flow in the river by in boxing him in a box. She covered him up and put him in the box but the point of actually letting him flow away her baby makes her heart go on fire. How can a mother possibly do that? Right, it is impossible for a mother if it wasn’t from Allah that her heart was put to peace. I love this part because of how Allah makes the impossible very much possible As Allah has the Power Over All even on the hear beat and yet we are so ignorant.
- How He made the mother milk Moses alaihi salam, when he reached the castle of Pharaoh. The story is engulfed in the surprises when we read that Musa alaihi salam was brought up in the house of his enemy with the interjection of Aasia (a.s) , Subhan Allah, he reached for the coals when Pharaoh put him to test. It was angel Gabriel who moved his hand from the plate of rubies to the plate of coals. Doesn’t that elucidates that no matter how a man like pharaoh thinks that he has reached the heights of wisdom, how much of egoistic does he become, how ever much does he let the devil reside inside of him, Allah’s command has to be prevailed as He willed!
- Moses alaihi salam when arrived in midian, he talked with the two daughters of the shepherd and asked them the problem and helped them out. Allah tells that when there is some interaction among the opposite genders, it should be among the boundaries and is not impermissible in specific circumstances for instance assistance in some issues where it is not pointless. Islam is not the religion of narrowness as it is depicted by the media and other cultural values inherited by the ancestors. It shows that Islam is above cultural values , we should never intermingle the concepts of Islam and culture with each other as in many countries it does occur and in the very large scale.
- The encounter of Musa alaihi salam with the wizards ( magicians ) , the most powerful ones of the time. He just threw the “asa” ( a solid rod ) on the ground , fulfilling the command of Allah. The whole scene was real, that’s the magnanimity of it. It wasn’t screened nor could it ever be. The magic of Allah happened and all the wizards bow down and realized that this is no magic except for the truth and accepted Islam.
- Musa alaihi salam was the prophet but also a human who wanted to see Allah, it was his desire. He couldn’t see Allah but he asked Allah for it . He so wanted to meet Allah but this shows that Allah will reveal Himselves to Muslims when Muslims will be able to see Him i-e on the judgement day. Moses (A.S) desired for one thing that is to see Allah. Makes me think how much do I have that desire? Do i even think about that.
May Allah subhana wa ta’ala helps us to extract more and more inspirations from Quran, through our little brains. Allah has given us the power to think and to expand our knowledge to see beyond the artificial imaginations. May we all have the support and mercy of Allah to help us reach out . Ameen.
Jazak Allah !
Barak Allah hu feekum.