Assalam u alaikum wr wb,
Allah subhana wa taa’ala has blessed us all with many relations. For instance mother,father, siblings, friends , nieces, nephews etc. These are names of just a few relations and they’re all meaningful. they’re all lovely. Out of them today I want to talk about one amazing relationship which is Husband & Wife.
“And among His Signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He put love and mercy between your hearts. Verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.” [Sûrah Rûm: 21]
Allah subhana wa taa’ala has placed love and mercy between the hearts of husband and wife.. This shows the beauty of this relationship. I love this ayah , because of too many reasons:
- Love is a beautiful thing. A whole thing, it’s hard to get and it’s hard to give to a total stranger but Allah has put it in the heart’s of spouses way before they know it.
- Spouses realize how much they love each other with the passage of time.
- Spouses understand each other with time as well , made for each other.
- The beautiful portion of mercy and kindness makes the relationship even more tender and beautiful.
- Mercy comes when they forgive each other continously for each others mistakes and accept each others imperfections quite perfectly.
Spouses aren’t always at their best nor are they angels but they can make a home a heaven just by looking at each other gently. They know they’ll both be there for each other when the time comes so they rely on each other. The efforts they put in together aren’t going to waste. The life they’re building together isn’t an easy one. However, the truthful companionship of each other can make it all the more beautiful and all the more worthy. There is one more thing that I want to mention here before I close this topic with a dua, the obligations upon each of them are big . It is obligatory for them to carry them out rather than to make excuses for themselves. The good that they do is still a part of making them better , but now not as a person but as a partner as well.
May Allah make our spouses the coolness of our eyes and may He grant us more goodness towards each other. For those who aren’t married May Allah bless them with the best of spouses. Ameen ya rabb.
Jazakillah Hu khayr. Fe amanillah !